Have you asked yourself what traits define successful entrepreneurs? What really leads to success? Richard St. John relates how the latter question led him to write a book “8 To Be Great”, a product of ten years of research. In this video, he outlines eight traits seen in successful people:
1. Passion. You have to love what you do. He cites Russel Crowe, Bill Gates and partner Paul Allen. He remarks that if you do it for love, the money comes anyway.
2. Hard work. Successful people work really hard. Despite of the word “hard” in hard work, these people have fun working. St. John claims successful people are not workaholics, they are workafrolics.
3. Focus. Many people don’t focus; they dabble. It is ok to get started. He advises to focus and narrow down on one thing only if you want to succeed in anything.
4. Push. St. John says that great people keep pushing themselves to the limits. They push themselves to overcome shyness and self-doubt. It is not always easy to push yourself. Find someone to push you.
5. Ideas. One good idea has taken many people from the bottom to the top. St. John believes in the creativity in us.
6. Improvement. Successful people always improve themselves in what they do, says St. John. You can improve through constant practice.
7. Service. Serve others with something of value. Serving others and not yourself is the best way to get rich.
8. Persistence. St. John urges you to persist through time, because there is no overnight success. Persist through failure because it is inevitable. Even successful people brushed shoulders with failure. You have to pick yourself up and continue your course.
He does not imply that success is easy. But the traits that lead to success are easy to understand and implement.
Run time: 6:17 minutes
Click the button to watch the video.
Do you know other traits of successful people? Share us your thoughts. Leave your comments below.