Almost everybody today is engaged in social media networking sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Google +, and the likes. This is why more and more business entrepreneurs choose to market their products through these platforms.
Sandy Carter, IBM Vice President, said in “Business Gets Social” event last week ,
“It is far more risky not to be engaged in social than to be engaged in social”. Read the full story here.
According to Amy Bax of Gaebler Ventures,
“Social networking can help a business gain contacts, clients, and increased public awareness. Even entrepreneurs who run small businesses from their homes can take advantage of this resource to set up a global presence.”
It is indeed helpful to make use of the social media to attract more customers. Being on social networking can definitely multiply the number of real and virtual friends. In business, it is important for the public to gain awareness of your products and services.
“However, she acknowledged that many companies still hesitate when venturing into public social media networks, harboring fears of possible customer backlash such as negative comments on the company’s homepage”, according to Amanda Eber of Asioaone business.
Not all negative feedback is bad. Sometimes, these negative comments can even help your company gain publicity. This can make consumers curious about the products and the services your company offers.
Below are the Importance of Social Media Marketing according to Silvia Pencak:
“1. Social media channel is a good way of increasing a company’s trustworthiness and goodwill which will definitely give the said company and increased and better branding. When companies are able to have conversations with their customers, the result is going to be a great amount of credibility.
2. The lead generation is also another basis for companies to go for social media marketing. Since the lead generation serves a very important part of a company’s success, then using social media marketing for your campaigns help you reach out your targeted lead generation.
3. Social media channels also make it easier and more flexible for companies to engage with its customers. You have to put this on your top priority list since customer engagement is a very crucial since this will help your company retain your existing customers and of course increase your brand credibility.
4. Social media channels are also responsible for generating a highly powerful traffic for your site. You don’t even have to worry since there’s a lot of social media channels that will be able to help you and would make it easier for you to obtain for your website the relevant and quality traffic that it will need.
5. Aside from that, when you promote your products through social media channels, this will definitely help you so that you can increase your return over investment or ROI. This process will be able to help you in increasing your conversion rate and benefit from a desirable ROI.
6. Your industry is considered to have a backbone if you have total access to customer’s feedback. This is because the feedback actually helps in improving your products based on what your customer’s require. Due to the fact that social media channels aid in making customer engagement possible, then customer feedback will always be available for the company to use as a basis for improvement. With this, you can always expect customer reviews and feedback that can help you in making your products or services even better.”
Just like any marketing strategy, social media marketing strategy can work as long as you put effort into developing your site and advertising it to social networks. Remember, it is important that you create a good impression from the customers you wish to attract. Hence, you should be able to put up a website that is creative in a way that it reflects the goodness and quality of your business.